Debug Malloc (Dmalloc) Library Release Notes
Version: Release 4.6.0
Date: May 17, 2000
New Functionality |
General feature release with some bug repairs as well.
- Added autoconfiguration of the presence of a C++ compiler so
the Makefile will attempt to build and install libdmallocxx.a if it
- Added initial mprotect autoconfiguration and stub functions to
the library. They don't do anything right now however it is able time
dmalloc had this functionality.
- Added PROTECT_BLOCKS setting which defaults to 1 (on). Set it
0 if you don't want dmalloc to be using mprotect to restrict accesses
to memory blocks. This is a newer part of the library and still may
have bugs. Protection will only be on if the auto-configuration
scripts find the mprotect function and the PROT_NONE, PROT_READ, and
- The dmalloc_examine function now returns DMALLOC_[NO]ERROR not
[NO]ERROR which was not exported.
- The dmalloc_verify function now returns DMALLOC_[NO]ERROR
instead of DMALLOC_VERIFY_[NO]ERROR.
- Moved to 'make cxx' and 'make installcxx' for building and
installing the C++ version of the library.
- Fixed a bug found by Mcvey where the 1st dblock allocation in
a block would not have been found in non-freed memory lists. Yuck.
- Fixed some portability problems with the environmental
variable initialization values.
Dmalloc Home Page.
Copyright 2000 by Gray Watson.