Debug Malloc (Dmalloc) Library Release Notes
Version: Release 5.5.1
Date: March 25, 2007
Bug fix release mostly to correct the bugs in 5.5.0 which broke
the DMALLOC_FUNC_CHECK compile flag. Also improved some testing and
discovered and fixed some user-pointer checking bugs.
- Improved the testing of user pointers used in DMALLOC_FUNC_CHECK
- DMALLOC_FUNC_CHECK was not checking atoi, atol, and memmove
because of an oversight. It does now.
- Added the dmalloc_verify_pnt_strsize() routine which allows you
to verify a pointer with both a strlen flag and a max-size
- Improved the way the library tests user pointers in the
- Added missing DMALLOC_FUNC_CHECK routines: atoi, atol, and
- Fixed a problem which broke the usage of the DMALLOC_FUNC_CHECK
compilation flag. Added test code for this to not happen in the
- Fixed a small bug with the checking of the MAX_FILE_LENGTH.
- Fixed a bug where if LOG_PNT_SEEN_COUNT was set to 0,
dmalloc_examine would segfault if used.
- Fixed some problems with strndup and strdup argument checking.
Dmalloc Home Page.
Copyright 2007 Gray Watson.